Muskegon Heritage Museum offers exciting opportunities for groups to learn about the history of Muskegon’s industries and historic homes. We welcome group tours during the regular museum open hours as well as anytime during the year.
Although the museum is self-guided, tours with a museum docent should be scheduled in advance. Group tours, for both adults and children will include demonstrations as well as special details about the museum exhibits.
To schedule a group or student tour please contact the Museum Educational Coordinator.
Group Tour Details:
- Average visit time – 1 to 1.5 hours
- Guided tours – The museum is self-guided, but we can arrange for a docent tour with prior notice. Typically we like to have larger groups divided into groups of about 8 each for the guided tour.
- Reservations – Not required during regular open hours, but are suggested and necessary if a docent tour is desired. For all other times reservations must be made in advance.
- Motor Coach Parking – Available on Street
- Gift Shop – No, although we do have a few books for sale.
- Complimentary Policy – Drivers of tour busses and tour director admitted free.
- Barrier Free – Yes, on the main floor, but there is no elevator to the second or third floor exhibits.
- Restaurants – Several nearby.
Group Charge per person:
- (groups over 10) $3.00 adults, $1.00 students